Just by way of review of reflection, here is a list of all of the prompts you have the opportunity to write and receive feedback on so far this term. As always, please feel free to create your responses in Google Drive and share them with me. I will give feedback (yes, I'm behind...but will catch up this week) to anyone who shares their work with me.
IB Glopo HL2
- What are the geopolitical challenges related to refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs)?
- In what ways do does the Half the Sky game and/or documentary highlight the contemporary geopolitical challenge of human rights?
- How does Borgerson frame the potential for geopolitical tension in the Arctic? To what extent do you agree with his assertions? (choose 1 of the following):
- Borgerson, S. G. (2013, June 18). The coming arctic boom. Foreign Affairs. Retrieved from http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/139456/scott-g-borgerson/the-coming-arctic-boom.
- Borgerson, S. G. (2009, May 25). The great game moves north. Foreign Affairs. Retrieved from http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/64905/scott-g-borgerson/the-great-game-moves-north?page=show
- Borgerson, S. G. (2008, March/April). Arctic meltdown. Foreign Affairs. Retrieved from http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/63222/scott-g-borgerson/arctic-meltdown
- How does the author(s) frame the issue (or issues) in terms of a geopolitical challenge or conflict? What solutions does the author(s) provide? To what extent do these seem reasonable?
- Choose at least two of the following:
- Garrett, L. (2005). The lessons of HIV/AIDS. Foreign Affairs. Retrieved from http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/60822/laurie-garrett/the-lessons-of-hivaids
- Gill, B., Chang, J., & Palmer, S. (2002). China's HIV crisis. Foreign Affairs. Retrieved fromhttp://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/57816/bates-gill-jennifer-chang-and-sarah-palmer/chinas-hiv-crisis
- Sridhar, D., Gostin, L. O., & Yach, D. (2012, May 24). Healthy governance. Foreign Affairs. Retrieved from https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/137662/by-devi-sridhar-lawrence-o-gostin-and-derek-yach/healthy-governance
- Fidler, D. P. (2013, June 7). Who owns MERS? Foreign Affairs. Retrieved from http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/139443/david-p-fidler/who-owns-mers?page=show
- Osterholm, M. T. (2005, July/August). Preparing for the next pandemic. Foreign Affairs. Retrieved from http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/60818/michael-t-osterholm/preparing-for-the-next-pandemic?page=show